Sunday, October 28, 2012

Between the old and the new...in limbo

Only seems fitting that on this day, the day between the last day of the career I have had for nearly 16 years and the beginning of a new career tomorrow, I should start a new blog.

Tomorrow starts my new job. Still not sure what the protocol is and if I should be talking on line about what I do. So for now let's just say it is with the sheriffs office. I have no idea what to expect. I am excited for the change yet scared of what lies ahead. I will be back in a classroom setting, somewhere I have not been in a very long time. I want to do well but...who knows? I downloaded a course outline. 350 questions all with multiple part answers. It has been a loooooong time since I have had to study for anything. My last attempt ( studying to take the test for NASM personal trainer) didn't go so well. A more than full time job and training for an Ironman just didn't give me enough time to focus.

Still, I hope to take this  as a new challenge. My new Ironman ( since there will not be one in 2013).


Lake Havasu 140.6 is in 13 days. Can not even believe it is almost here. I don't feel ready. Again, in limbo. Training went well back in MA, then came to a halt as we moved, then sucked , then was great, then recently  has been non existant thanks to Orbea and a few body issues. I will go out there and give it my best. That is all this girl can do at this point. At the very least, I know someone is watching over me and at the end of the day it will all be fine...




No comments:

Post a Comment